DLux Mini Dessert Cups New Year's Sparkling Wine Panna Cotta is a combination of silky and creamy panna cotta and fruity and toasty sparkling wine. Celebrate the new year with this no-bake individual desserts served in Dlux Mini Dessert Shooter.
Don't forget to watch our video above for easy instructions and subscribe to our Youtube channel for more recipes like this. Our printable recipe is also available below.
DLux Mini Dessert Cups New Year's Sparkling Wine Panna Cotta
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 1/4 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sparkling wine
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
How to cook DLux Mini Dessert Cups New Year's Sparkling Wine Panna Cotta
- 1. Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin evenly. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Put on low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat immediately.
- 3. Stir in gelatin and whisk until dissolved and the cream is smooth.
- 4. Pour into cups. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until fully set.
- 1. Put 2 tablespoon of sparkling wine in a cup, sprinkle gelatin and let soak for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place sugar and sparkling wine in a small pan and heat on low heat.
- 3. Once sugar is dissolved, add gelatin while whisking. Do not let boil.
- 4. Allow to cool down to room temperature. Pour on top of set panna cotta. Gently stir the mixture before pouring into each cup.
- 5. Add more panna cotta mixture once the wine jelly is set.
- 6. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with sugared or frosted grapes (or other fruits) before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
There is no doubt the new year is for new resolutions for most of us. Us at DLux has no other resolutions but to help you create desserts that are easy, fun and festive looking. There is no better way to celebrate a new year than with an individual dessert like our Sparkling Wine Panna Cotta.
The panna cotta of this dessert is like a vanilla custard jelly and it is irresistibly light and not too sweet. If you love jelly but you feel like the jell-o kind are for kids then this type of jelly is for you.
Make sure not to boil the panna cotta. Heat over low heat and just until the sugar dissolves. Just in case you do and you get some lumps, strain your mixture for that smooth final custard.
Let's talk about sparkling wines. We use a non-alcoholic type so anyone can enjoy this dessert. We don't want you to be the dessert table police so kids can't take these toasty mini dessert cups. Relax and make this wine jelly by simply adding clear and unflavored gelatin. Just like how we did the panna cotta. Easy right?
For additional beauty, we also added sliced grapes to the wine jelly when its half set. Totally optional but it will make your mini dessert cups more attractive. Get the spoons ready.
For that extra interesting presentation? Use a cupcake tin and place the mini cups in a slightly slanted position when adding your mixtures. Refrigerate until set before you add another batch of mixture. Each layer requires at least 2 hours of refrigeration to set.
Lastly, garnish with your choice of fruit once ready to serve. We made sugared grapes but you can use any type of fruits may it be fresh or frosted. Try summer fruits like berries if they are available in your area. Who doesn't love summer flavors at Christmas?
Whether you celebrate in a huge party or just a simple family gathering this new year's eve we hope you include our Sparkling Wine Panna Cotta using our DLux mini dessert cups.
We wish you a happy new year ahead!