Enjoy a unique twist on a classic Christmas treat! For sure your guest have never had eggnog like this! It combines the use of beautiful layers and slices of fresh strawberries to create a very original visual display and to provide a great holiday flavor!
These eggnog chocolate supreme in cute mini cups are a great Christmas party dessert! And they're so easy and quick to make! And they're no bake holiday dessert! Print out recipe below!
We used three different mini cups for this Christmas dessert recipe:
Eggnog Chocolate Supreme
- 34 oz eggnog milk
- 7-8 oz risotto rice
- 8 oz dark 66% chocolate
- 5 oz graham cookie crumble
- 6 eggs
- 16 oz of 35% whipped cream
- 4 teaspoons of butter
- 1/2 orange peel zest
- 2 pinches of salt
- 10 strawberries for garnish inside
- 1 vanilla bean
- Pinch of cinnamon
How to cook Eggnog Chocolate Supreme
- On medium heat, melt chocolate with butter. Mix well (use water bath).
- While your chocolate is melting, separate 6 eggs yolks from whites.
- In a bowl, whip your egg whites with 1 pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, slowly and progressively add the melted chocolate to your egg yolks while mixing.
- Once well mixed, add 1/3 of the egg whites to loosen the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Continue adding the remaining egg whites. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Tip: After refrigeration, if your chocolate mixture is too dense or firm, add a little milk or cream while mixing until you attain the desired consistency.
- If you purchase a whole graham cookie, break it up into fine pieces.
- With the tip of your knife, remove the seeds from the vanilla bean.
- In a saucepan, mix the eggnog milk, add a pinch of salt, vanilla seeds and bean.
- On a medium heat, while mixing, bring eggnog mixture to boil.
- Slowly add the risotto rice and let gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to minimum and cover saucepan while leaving a small vent hole.
- Leave on minimum heat for 35 minutes while mixing every 10 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the vanilla bean and place mixture in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, whip 35% cream until small peaks form.
- With a wooden spatula, gently mix the whipping cream into the eggnog mixture to obtain an even consistency.
- Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until you are ready to assemble in the dessert cups.
- Cut the strawberries in thin slices.
- Assemble the layers with a strawberry along each of the sides of the cup (as per photo), then the chocolate, then the graham cracker, and finally the eggnog mix. Garnish with 2 strawberry slices.
Did you make this recipe?