These Graveyard Pumpkin Mini Dessert Cups are very easy to make and are stinking cute in DLux mini dessert cups. A perfect fall treat and just in time for Halloween!
It's pumpkin season once again and we can't resist them. We got to make something pumpkin-ish using our adorable shooters and mini cups. Also, maybe something spooky and fun. This recipe has just the right amount of everything for this fall season.
Graveyard Pumpkin Mini Dessert Shooter Cups
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 7g unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 8-10 milano or butter cookies
- sour gummy worms or other halloween themed candies
How to cook Graveyard Pumpkin Mini Dessert Shooter Cups
- Pumpkin Filling
- 1. Combine egg yolks, condensed milk, gelatin and spices in a small sauce pan.
- 2. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- 3. Remove the custard from the heat and stir pumpkin puree. Set aside to cool.
- Tombstone Cookies
- 1. Transfer melted chocolate to a small piping bag. Pipe RIP in each cookie using the melted chocolate.
- 1. Fill mini cups with 1 tbsp cookie crumbs.
- 2. Pipe in pumpkin filling leaving just enough space for another tbsp of cookie crumbs.
- 3. Top with 1 tbsp cookie crumbs.
- 4. Garnish with tombstone cookies, worms or other Halloween themed candies.
- 5. Serve right away or chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Start by making a pumpkin pie filling. You can either use a canned pumpkin puree or make your homemade pumpkin puree by baking a sugar pumpkin. The former is easier than the latter but both will give you the same deliciousness. We call for the traditional pumpkin spices, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
This pumpkin filling is rich and creamy and has the right balance of sweetness from the sweetened condensed milk. We are already giving a fair warning. It will be easy to go for a second dessert cup.
We used just plain oreo cookie crumbs (filling removed) for the crumbs or the dirt of the graveyard. It is the base and top of the dessert so it looks like the pumpkin filling is buried in between.
Graveyard, remember? Probably the most delicious graveyard we had so far. The crumbs will be slightly moistened from the filling as you let it sit in the fridge.
Now for the most fun of all, the garnishes! We used butter cookies for this tombstone but you can easily make the same using milano cookies. Or any cookies that would resemble a tombstone shape.
Just make sure that it's mini and would fit in the mini dessert cups. Melt some chocolate, transfer in a small piping bag and pipe the word RIP in each cookie. Easy peasy.
Add a few Halloween candies too to finish it off. We used gummy worms but the limit does not exist. Add some spiders, webs or even skeleton candies and spook everyone by its cuteness.
These mini dessert cups are easy, fun to make and decadent it will be a favorite treat at your party. Happy Halloween!